You probably don’t give much thought to the components of a refrigerator before it shuts down, or before it is time to replace it. To ensure you get the most from this kitchen appliance it can be very good to understand exactly how a refrigerator keeps food cool—and Heritage Appliance Repair is here to help.
Continue reading to find out what you need to understand about how a refrigerator runs, how it cools your food and drinks and if it is the right time to connect with refrigerator repair CITY.
Parts of a Refrigerator
You will not find too many homes that don’t feature a refrigerator inside the kitchen. It has been a must-have appliance for several years. A household refrigerator stores your food and drinks at the optimal temperature, to prevent spoilage and slow down harmful bacteria. The process of refrigeration starts by moving the heat from inside of the refrigerator to the exterior, by using principles of condensation and evaporation.
The standard parts of your refrigerator are. For questions or service call Heritage Appliance Repair:
The refrigerator compressor is a combination of a pump and a motor, and it’s necessary for circulation of refrigerant throughout the system.
The compressor is an integral part of a refrigerator. You should enlist a professional service if the compressor is not working.
The condenser is attached on the rear outside wall of the refrigerator and is there to emit the heat built-up from inside the refrigerator out into the surrounding air.
The refrigerator evaporator is housed on the interior of the refrigerator where it absorbs heat contained within it, effectively reducing the interior temperature.
The moment an evaporator is not working, it’s time to call a professional. You should not wait until it’s too late.
Liquid refrigerant is directed through a capillary tube which works as an expansion tool to cool the gas inside, thereby turning it into a liquid.
A thermostat will regulate the current temperature inside the refrigerator, starting the cooling period when needed.
A thermostat inside of a refrigerator is prone to problems. Troubleshoot and hire a contractor in CITY for service right when a problem happens.
How Does Refrigeration Work?
1. Right when the temperature in the interior of a refrigerator is above the set point sensors notify the refrigerator compressor to begin, and the next cooling period starts. The unit draws in the cold liquified refrigerant, then pressurizes and condenses the refrigerant, and raises the temperature, in order to turn it into a gas.
2. The refrigerator compressor directs the hot gas towards the condenser coils on the exterior of the unit, at which point it comes into contact with the lower temperature in the kitchen and transforms to a liquified form.
3. The cool refrigerant continues its trip towards the refrigerator evaporator component, traveling through the many coils on the interior of the refrigerator and top freezer.
4. The refrigerant then absorbs the warm air from within the appliance, returning the temperature until it has reached the correct set point.
5. The coolant evaporates, and turns back to a gas, and returns to the refrigerator compressor so it can continue the cooling cycle.
Refrigeration technology is found in a lot of applications and large appliances, this includes heat pumps, air conditioners, refrigerators and freezers. By extracting warmth from a single location and then transferring it to a different one the continuous cycle of refrigeration will help cooling a house, provides a perfect storage space for food that is perishable, and helps with manufacturing and storage of a lot of different everyday products and materials.
Need Refrigerator Repair?
Does your refrigerator need repair? Time to schedule service with Heritage Appliance Repair.
Heritage Appliance Repair will repair all major brands of refrigerators – includes industrial models, side-by-side and stand-alone.Our service technicians in CITY complete training to repair and troubleshoot cooling issues, malfunctioning ice makers, problems with condensation, puddles of water and leaks, light bulbs, touch controls, smart controls and countless other problems. We know all there is to know about refrigerator repair!
OTHER REFRIGERATOR RESOURCES:
Copyright ©2022  Heritage Appliance Repair